It should be noted that I was extremely sore after this hike. It isn't exactly easy.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Bridge Mountain Scouting
Jeff and I started out to do North Peak, but decided to follow the Bridge trail to see if we could handle the crack to get to the top. We had left pretty late, so we weren't going to try to do it all today. Sad thing was, we ended up climbing about halfway up the crack before we turned back due to time. It looks scary but doable from up close; from afar, impossible. What an absolutely awesome hike this is. I can't wait to go back. This hike is truly world class. The sea of sandstone, 1000 + foot drop-offs, class 3 scrambling, a huge natural arch, and a forest high up on the sandstone are hard to describe. I'll be back soon.
It should be noted that I was extremely sore after this hike. It isn't exactly easy.











It should be noted that I was extremely sore after this hike. It isn't exactly easy.
Labels:
bridge mountian,
figwee,
fitness,
Gobel,
hiking,
Las Vegas,
red rock canyon
