Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Calico Hills II Overlook

I set out today to do a scramble in the Calico Hills at Red Rock Canyon. I was again by myself, so I had to be very careful, especially in the Class III sections. In one particular spot, I was holding myself up with only my arms. This scramble is tiring for me because it is very steep up the gully. At the top is a playground of sandstone and an incredible view. The pictures never do it justice, but it gives you an idea. I've also included a snapshot from my Figwee page showing the exercise entry for today.

A third of the way up the gully:


This wall is about 8 feet high; the gloves came off for this one.


Near the top, after the class III section.


A tenaja tank at the top


Don't look down!


Where's my hang glider?