A Figwee co-founder attempts to get in shape by slapping on hiking boots
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Anniversary Narrows
Last week I did this short hike inside the Lake Mead NRA. It is a bizarre little stretch of a very narrow slot canyon. I intentionally parked a little further away on the 4WD road to make the hike about 3 miles round trip. It was a lot of fun. I burned about 800 calories.
Las Vegas is an excellent place from which to explore the desert. As a co-founder of Figwee.com (a free, photographic weight loss web site), I needed a way to help my weight loss goals. Hiking seemed like a nice fit since I am so close to what I believe is world-class rock scrambling. I just can't stay on an elliptical for more than about thirty minutes. In this blog I try to post the photos from most of my hikes in order to share the amazing scenery.