A Figwee co-founder attempts to get in shape by slapping on hiking boots
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Calico Hills II Peak via Fun Scramble
Jeff and I did the Calico Hills II Peak and Tanks hike again today, but took the tougher scrambling route toward Calico Tank Peak. We then cut over before the tough chute up to the top. The tanks and views up there are of the highest quality. This is a very fun hike and will be a staple going forward.
Las Vegas is an excellent place from which to explore the desert. As a co-founder of Figwee.com (a free, photographic weight loss web site), I needed a way to help my weight loss goals. Hiking seemed like a nice fit since I am so close to what I believe is world-class rock scrambling. I just can't stay on an elliptical for more than about thirty minutes. In this blog I try to post the photos from most of my hikes in order to share the amazing scenery.